One brand new zucchini recipe for you this week! I know that this one isn’t terribly original, but I mostly just wanted a record of this spelt zucchini coins recipe here.
Crispy Fried Spelt Zucchini is simple, scrumptious, and totally drool-worthy for something that is so quick and easy to make! Fried to crispy golden perfection and just begging to be dipped into whatever you please, these little coins of goodness are your new favorite snack or diet-friendly breakfast.
Spelt Zucchini Coins – Recipe
The way of preparation – Easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 20 minutes
Yields – 6 servings
12-inch Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 medium zucchini sliced to about 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 cup Spelt flour
- 3 large eggs beaten
- vegetable oil for frying
Instruction on how to make Spelt Zucchini Coins
- Heat the oil: In a large skillet.
- Combine the dry ingredients:
- Mix the Spelt flour together with the salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs on a shallow plate
- Prep the zucchini:
- Dredge the zucchini rounds through the flour mix first, then dip into eggs
- Finish the dish:
- Fry the zucchini rounds until golden brown on both sides. Repeat until all the zucchini slices are breaded and fried.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 153
- Total Fat – 4 g
- Total Carbs – 22 g
- Protein – 6 g
What are the health benefits of spelt?