These nut and seed crackers are crispy, crunchy, gluten-free, vegetarian, paleo, and everything cracker dreams are made of!
They are made with healthy ingredients (seeds of every shape, form, color, and texture); baked (and not fried); salted (but only lightly and intentionally)
You should know that this snack is completely vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and dairy-free…AND FULL of protein thanks to the generous amount of chia seeds.
Gluten-Free Seed Crackers-Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cook time – 40 minutes
Yield – 12 servings
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seed, 1/2 cup chia seeds, 1/4 cup flax seeds, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of water OR coconut milk
Instructions on how to make Gluten-Free Seed Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Once combined, add olive oil and water, and stir with a spatula until well mixed.
- Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the seeds to absorb the water and expand to form a thick dough. When the batter is ready, divide the dough in half and set aside.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and add half of the dough to each baking sheet, spreading it out as much as possible with a spatula.
- Add another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and use a rolling pin to flatten the dough evenly until it is about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. The thinner you can make the dough the crispier your crackers will be.
- Once the dough has been rolled out evenly, remove the top piece of parchment paper, sprinkle the top of the crackers with a little extra sea salt, and transfer the baking sheet to the oven.
- Cook the crackers for 35-45 minutes, or until the dough is completely dried and golden brown on top. Keep a watchful eye to ensure the dough does not burn as oven temperatures can vary.
- Once cooked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently transfer the crackers, along with the parchment paper, to a cutting board.
- While the crackers are still slightly warm, using a very sharp knife, cut the crackers into even squares or shapes of your choice. Alternatively, you can wait until the crackers are completely cooled and break them into pieces.
- Once cooled, serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the pantry for up to 3-4 days, left any longer the crackers will lose their crispiness.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 190 calories
- Total Fat – 13 grams
- Carbs – 8 grams ( Fiber 5 grams)
- Protein – 7 grams
These gluten-free, keto crackers are not just deliciously crispy. Pairing these crackers with salted meats, hard cheese makes a fancy snack.