Celery root salad recipe with nuts, and sour cream. It is a refreshing accompaniment to seafood dishes and very easy to make. It keeps nicely for a couple of days in the refrigerator – so be sure to pack it up for a delicious lunch on the go.
This is a root vegetable with a mild, bright flavor. It can be used, cooked in recipes much the same way as potatoes or turnips. It’s lower in carbs, and high in fiber – so it fits nicely into a lower-carb diet.
Celery Root Salad Recipe
The way of preparations – eaSY
Prep time – 10 minutes
Yields – 6 servings
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb celery root – quartered, peeled, and coarsely grated just before mixing
- 1/2 cup nuts (grated)
Instructions on how to make Celery Root Salad
- Combine the sour cream, mustard, and lemon juice in a medium-sized bowl.
- Fold in the celery root and nuts and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 96
- Total Fat – 6 g
- Total Carbs – 9 g (Fiber – 3 g )
- Protein – 4 g
- Cholesterol – 0 mg
Celery is a plant that can be eaten raw or cooked.
Some people use celery on the skin to repel mosquitos. People also take celery by mouth for prediabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, as a “water pill,” and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses.
Read more here