Transform ordinary eggplant into deliciously crunchy finger food using this easy keto-friendly recipe. The breading is made from almond flour and eggs, which keeps the carb count low. Once fried, the exterior turns crunchy and golden brown, a nice contrast with the juicy interior. Check this eggplant coins recipe
Low-Carb Eggplant Coins – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cook time – 15 minutes
Yields – 2 servings
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch thick coins
- 1 large egg
- oil or butter for frying
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
Instructions on how to make Eggplant Coins
- In one bowl whisk together egg, salt, and cayenne.
- Put almond flour into another bowl.
- Bread Eggplant
- Working with one eggplant slice at a time, coat eggplant first in almond flour bowl, then in egg wash bowl.
- Add 1 to 2 inches of oil to pan over medium-high heat.
- Heat oil
- Place breaded eggplant slices on prepared oil.
- Fry until breading is brown, about 5 minutes, then transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 91
- Total Fat – 7 g
- Total Carbs – 3 g
- Protein – 5 g
Health On The Plate – High Fat Grilled Eggplant Salad