An old delicasy – plums Dumplings. This is a delicious comforting dessert. Plums encased in a potato based dumpling dough, with breadcrumb coating.
Plums Dumplings Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 40 minutes
- Cook time – 20 minutes
Yields – 15 Dumplings
- 1 pound starchy potatoes
- 1 egg
- Pure vanilla extract (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon Butter (melted)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 15 plums
- 1 cup breadcrumps
- 2/3 cup sugar
Instructions on how to make Plums Dumplings
- Boil the potatoes with skin on
- Cook before peeling
- Meanwhile, prepare the breadcrumb coating
- In a medium bowl, mix together breadcrumbs and sugar to combine
- Put the peeled potatoes into a large bowl, and mash.
- Add salt, egg, vanilla, melted butter and flour. Mix to combine.
- Knead until a smooth, sticky dough is formed.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, them reduce the heat to a lower summer.
- On a floured surface, take about a spoon of potato dough
- Flatten slightly, add a plum into the center
- Wrap the dough around it
- Form into the balls
- Put 4-5 Dumplings ar once into the hot water
- Let the Dumplings boil until they come to the surface od the water
- Let them boil on the surface another 5 more minutes
- Remove the Dumplings with a perforated spoon
- Roll each one in breadcrumbs mixture
- Serve warm or cold
- Serve and enjoy
- Calories – 143
- Fat-3 g
- Total Carbs – 28 g ( Sugar 16 g, Fiber 7g)
- Protein – 2g
One more dessert recipe