Eggs In The Snow (Grain-Free & Low-carb)
Perfect kid-approved recipe for one floating snow Eggs dessert. These treat is not only kid-approved, but healthy and easy. These recipe is grain-free and low-carb. Perfect for all. You will be deligh.
Snow Eggs / Eggs in the snow – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 10 minutes
Yields : 4-6 servings
- 4 cups almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup Swerve
Instructions on how to make Snow Eggs OR Eggs in the snow
- At first of all, separate whites from yolks in two separate bowls.
Eggs White “eggs”
- Bring 4 cups of almond milk to a boil.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add 1/3 cup OS Swerve.
- Using a spoon, form egg shapes out of whites and poach them into the almond milk, and cook.
- Cook about 30 seconds on each side.
- Put the “eggs” into a shallow serving dish.
- Remove milk from the heat.
Yolks custard :
- In a small bowl, mix together yolk with 1/3 cup of Swerve, until thick.
- Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise.
- Add into the milk, that you have left over.
- Cover and steep for about 15 minutes.
- Scrape seed from vanilla bean, and add to almond milk, discarding the pod.
- Pour egg yolks into the milk (very slowly)
- Stir them constantly
- Put sauce pan with yolks mixture over the medium heat. Stirr constantly.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes
To Assemble :
Pour custard over the whites
Serve and enjoy
- Calories – 154
- Fat – 12,7g
- Protein – 6,7g
- Carbs – 1,1g
One more healthy recipe.