This mighty Eggplant or blue tomato – can be ball-shaped, egg-shaped or pear-shaped and weigh 50-100 grams. Low calorie, 100 g of the edible part has only 29 calories.
This mighty eggplant contains:
- 92.7% water,
- 1.1% protein,
- 5.7% carbohydrate,
- 0.1% fat,
- 3.4% fiber,
- minerals: 14 mg calcium, 184 mg sodium, and potassium.
- vitamin C, vitamin B and vitamin A and traces of saponin and alkaloid.
In the cuisine, its characteristic taste is most appreciated. Eggplants can be prepared with numerous and delicious dishes, both cooked and fried. Since it is preparing separate meals, but most often prepared with tomatoes and zucchini. Mature fruits have a purple color, a glossy lace and are quite sturdy. Therefore, softened and old fruits of brown color, without the shine of the pods, are not for food.
Eggplant – Contraindications:
- alkaloids can cause problems with digestion and even nerve impairment. Cooking is reduced by as much as 50%.
Health Benefits of Mighty Eggplant
In addition to featuring a host of vitamins and minerals, eggplant also contains important phytonutrients, many which have antioxidant activity.
- Eggplants are great sources of dietary fiber, a necessary element in any balanced diet.
- Since eggplants contain almost no fat or cholesterol, it is a very healthy food for people trying to lose weight, or battle obesity problems. The fiber content is also very filling, which inhibits the release of ghrelin, the hormone which tells our mind that we are hungry again. It will fill up and reduce your appetite. Therefore, the chances of overeating are small, so weight loss attempts are more successful.
- Along with the beneficial effects of fiber, eggplants are also great sources of antioxidants, one of the body’s best lines of defense against a wide variety of diseases and conditions.
- There are a number of benefits to bone health that come from eggplants, which is very good for those who are at high risk for bone degradation and osteoporosis.
- A deficiency in iron can be very dangerous to overall health. It can manifest in anemia. Eating food that is high in iron can combat anemia. Therefore the eggplants have a decent amount of iron in their meaty, edible fruit.
- it acts anti-inflammatory, antiallergic and in the fight against free radicals and carcinogens. Antioxidants protect cells from damage and deterioration