Interesting combination of gluten free pastry and spinach cheese filling. Perfect as a breakfast or snack options. This gluten-free spinach cheese rolls can be a nice to-go options or appetizer.
Gluten-Free Spinach Cheese Rolls – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup Bobs Red All Purpose Gluten Free flour
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Sorghum flour
- pinch of flax seed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250 g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 100 g cheese
- salt to taste
- 1 egg, beaten, for brushing
Instructions on how to make Gluten-Free Spinach Cheese Rolls
- Put the butter and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the egg, almond meal, flour and mix until smooth.
- Add the sorghum flour, flax seed and pulse until the mixture forms into a ball.
- Take the mixture out of the blender and place onto a piece of waxed paper.
- Shape into a ball and place in the refrigerator for an hour until firm.
- Mix the spinach and cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper
- Roll out the pastry into a long strip.
- Place the filling down the edge of the pastry, brush the edges with the beaten egg and roll up.
- Glaze with the egg.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown.
- Eat and enjoy!
One more recipe Keto, Low-Carb Buns with Psyllium Husk