Cabbage rolls are cabbage leaves stuffed with meat, rice, tomato juice, and seasonings. These delicious and satisfying keto cabbage rolls are filled with meat, zucchini and spices. This delicious food keeps its flavor and freshness for a few days and is simple to make
Paleo Cabbage Rolls – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 1 hours
- Cooking time – 1 hours 30 minutes
Yields – 6 servings
1 head cabbage (about 1 dozen large cabbage leaves)
- 1 pound ground beef (lean)
- 1 cup zucchini (grated)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or oil
- 1/3 cup onion (finely chopped)
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Instructions on how to prepare Cabbage rolls
- Remove the core of the sauerkraut head. Release the leaves and place them in a large bowl filled with cold water. Let soak for one hour.
- In them meantime prepare the filling.
- Chop the onions finely. Heat the ghee/oil in a heavy bottom pan and cook the onions until translucent.
- Add meat and spices. Saute them slowly until the meat change the color.
- Put about a 1-2 tablespoons meat mixture at the bottom of the leaf and roll up. . the meat amount varies depending on the size of the leaf. . repeat until all the meat is used up.
- Pour over the cabbage rolls with 1/2 cup of water. Cover with foil. . or the lid.
- Bake the cabbage rolls slowly at 325 for 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 222
- Total fat – 13 g
- Total Carbs – 10 g (Fiber 4 g )
- Protein – 18 g
- Cholesterol 47 mg