Satarash is a traditional Balkan food made with bell peppers. The origin is from ex Yugoslavia. It has a so many version. You can make it with or without meat. You can use all vegetables, or you can try my version. This recipe is simple, quick and healthy. It’s perfect for Saturday’s breakfast with the family or an ideal solution for fast lunch. But also it can be a nice side dish with meat. The recipe is Paleo, Low-Carb, Keto, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Grain-free, and Vegetarian.
Traditional Balkan Satarash – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Total time – 20 minutes
Yields – 3 servings
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 small head of the onion
- 5- 6 bell peppers
- 1 tomato
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of almond flour
- salt to taste
Instructions how to make Satarash
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped onion. Stir
- After one minute, add chopped bell peppers. Fry with constant stirring for 1 or 2 minutes. Add a chopped tomatoes
- Fry on medium heat until a bit soft ( about 15 minutes)
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in one medium bowl and stir with 1 tablespoon almond flour
- When vegetables become soft, add egg mixture and stir. Add salt to taste. Simmer another 3-4 minutes.
- If needed add more spices.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 263
- Fat – 21 g
- Carbs – 4 g
- Protein – 7 g