A hot and delicious Keto Cheese Croissant will become one of your family’s favorite Sunday morning meals.
Keto Cheese Croissants – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
Yields – 16 servings
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 tbsp sparkling water (room temperature)
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 egg yolk
Instructions on how to make Keto Cheese Croissants
- Preheat the oven to 385 F and line parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Add the cheese and cream cheese to a large microwavable bowl, stir and microwave it for a minute, stir and microwave it again for another 30- 60 seconds stir again until well incorporated.
- Stir in the beaten egg whites, coconut, psyllium husk and pinch of salt.
- Knead with your hands until you achieve a dough consistency.
- Add sparkling water and continue kneading, if the dough becomes hard, microwave it for 10- 15 seconds.
- Place the dough between to sheets of parchment paper and spread with a rolling pin to ⅓ inches thickness.
- Brush the melted butter onto the dough.
- With a pizza cutter start by dividing the dough dough into 4 equal square, then into triangles, around 4 inches wide at the bottom.
- Roll the triangles up starting at the wide part, slightly make a curve to shape these a little crescent.
- Place them on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Brush with beaten egg yolk on top, sprinkled with sesame seeds and bake them for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 134
- Total Fat – 10 g
- Total Carbs – 4 g (Fiber 2 g )
- Protein – 7 g
- Cholesterol 36 mg