Perfect in their imperfection, cherry hand pies are ready in just 20 minutes. Puff pastry makes this recipe easy peasy, and I bet you even have the other ingredients in your pantry already.
One more recipe Gluten-Free Cashew Nut Baklava
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
Yields – 12 servings
Cherry Puff Pastry – Recipe
- 1 1/2 pound fresh cherries, pitted and quartered
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- vanilla extract to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Instructions on how to make
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain cherries. In a large saucepan, combine the cherries, sugar, vanilla, and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Combine cornstarch and lemon juice and add to the pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Set aside.
- Unroll puff pastry sheets and cut each into 12 equal rectangles.
- Equally spoon filling into the 12 of the rectangles, heaping it on there.
- Roll the dough in the form of a strudels.
- Press with your hand.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whip egg in a small bowl and lightly brush onto tops.
- With a sharp knife, cut 3 slits in each hand pie.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, although times can vary depending on the brand of puff pastry you purchase.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Eat immediately or serve room temperature with a scoop of ice cream.
Nutritional Informations (amount per serving)
- Calories – 282
- Total Fat – 13 g (Saturated 7 g, Monounsaturated 1 g)
- Cholesterol 36 mg
- Total Carbs – 42 g (Fiber 2 g, Sugar 22 g )
- Protein – 5 g