Omelette is a breakfast classic. So quick and easy to make. Mushrooms are a great Omelette filling and can be easily upgraded with other things, such as cheese or onion. This Mushrooms Omelette is Paleo and Low-carb breakfast options.
Mushrooms Omelette with Egg Whites – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 3 minutes
- Cooking time – 6 minutes
Yields – 1 serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- handful button or mushrooms (chopped or sliced)
- 4 egg whites (beaten)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Instructions how to make Mushrooms Omelette
- Peel the mushrooms and cut them into thin slices. Or you can wash them.
- Be sure to scrub the mushrooms with a soft-bristled brush to remove any dirt.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat.
- Save the rest of the oil for the frying the egg whites.
- Add the mushrooms, some salt, and some pepper.
- How much salt you use is up to your personal tastes.
- Fry the mushrooms until they turn soft and brown about 4 minutes.
- Stir from time to time using a spatula, so they don’t burn.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan, and set them aside.
- Place them on a plate. Cover them with a lid, plate, or a piece of foil to keep them warm.
- Beat the egg whites
- Heat the rest of the oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour egg whites
- Once you have the egg whites on the pain, continue tilting the pan around until the entire bottom is evenly covered with the egg mixture.
- Let the omelet cook for about 1 minutes.
- Add the mushroom mixture when the omelet still has some raw egg on top.
- Only cover half of the omelet with the mushroom mixture; you will be folding the omelet in half.
- Fold the omelet in half.
- Use your spatula to gently separate the edges of the omelet from the frying pan.
- Then, slip the spatula under the bare side of the omelet, and flip it over onto the mushroom side.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and serve it immediately.
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 452
- Total Fat – 27 g
- Total Carbs – 7 g (Fiber 1 g )
- Protein – 47 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg