Perfect flavor combinations in this biscuit sized cakes topped with an orange and sealed with dark chocolate! These Jaffa Cakes with Orange are Perfect Paleo and Low-Carb Dessert
Jaffa Cakes – Recipe
The way of preparations – medium
- Prep Time – 15 minutes
- Cook Time – 10-15 minutes
Yields – 12 Servings
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz. powdered erythritol
- 1.5 oz. butter
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 orange medium-sized (frozen and grated)
- 1/2 tsp stevia (pure powder)
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade (sugar-free)
- 6 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Stevia
- 1/4 tsp orange oil or extract
Instructions on how to make Jaffa cakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Take a 12-hole muffin tin and grease it a little with some butter. Or you can use a silicone muffin molds.
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs and powdered erythritol, and beat continuously for 4-5 minutes (using a hand electric mixer), until the mixture is pale, fluffy and well combined.
- Add the coconut flour and butter, beating continuously, until thick, smooth batter forms.
- Fill each well in a muffin tin with a couple of tablespoons of the batter.
- Bake the cakes for 10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
- The cakes are cooked through when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside, still in their tray, until cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together grated orange with stevia and orange marmalade.
- When the cakes cool, spread orange mixture over each cake. About 1 tablespoon of each one.
- Melts the chocolate and add Stevia and orange oil (but you can do it and without oil).
- Stir together
- Take the cakes out of the muffin tin and place them on a flat surface, lined with some parchment paper.
- Make sure the melted chocolate is runny but not too hot.
- Using a spoon, carefully place the chocolate on top of each orange-covered cake.
- Set aside until the melted chocolate has cooled and set.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional Informations (amount per serving)
Serving size 1 jaffa cakes/serving
- Calories – 144
- Total Fat – 13 g
- Total Carbs – 5 g ( Fiber 3 g )
- Protein – 3 g
- Cholesterol – 39 mg