This healthy, vegan crispy corn snack is an interesting and popular fried snack recipe made with corn kernels. You can serve it as a snack or a starter. This Crispy corn is kids friendly snack too.
Crispy Corn Snack – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 15 minutes
Yield – 3 serving
- 4 cup of water
- pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup sweet corn
- For frying:
- ¼ cup of corn flour
- ¼ cup of rice flour
- 1 tablespoon maida / plain flour
- Oil (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili peppers
Instructions on how to make corn snack
- In a large vessel boil 4 cups water, a pinch of sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add 2 cups of sweet corn and boil for a minute.
- Drain off the sweet corn to remove excess water.
- Add ¼ cup cornflour, ¼ cup rice flour, 1 tablespoon maida, ¼ teaspoon pepper powder, 1/4 teaspoon chili peppers, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Mix well making sure the flour is coated well to sweet corn.
- sieve the mixture to remove excess flour.
- Deep fry in hot oil making sure to keep the flame on medium.
- Stir occasionally, and fry on medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- Drain off over kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Transfer the fried corn into a large bowl
- If you like, you can add more spices
The corn recipe tastes great when served hot and crispy.
One more healthy snack recipe
Super Crunchy Chia Seed Bars -Healthy, Paleo, and Keto Snack