These apple pancakes are simply delicious! I cannot emphasize enough how good these are and extra healthy with these apple slices addition. Pancakes are….. simply pancakes. Puffy, silky, and pretty healthy too!
Apple Pancakes Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 20 minutes
Yields – 4 servings
- 180 grams of Buckwheat flour
- 100 grams of Oat flour
- 2 apples
- 2 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 0z milk OR sparkling water
- oil for pan
Instructions on how to make Apple Pancakes
- Wash and slice the apples into thin slices.
- Leave the skin on unless apples are not organic. If non-organic peel them.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a larger bowl ( buckwheat flour, oat bran, baking powder, salt)
- Add to the dry ingredients the eggs and mix very well.
- Slowly add while mixing, the milk.
- Take your pan(s) out, place on low heat, brush a tiny amount of oil.
- Put each apple ring into the pancake mix enough to just cover the apple.
- Place 4 slices of apples and cook
- When it has browned slightly turn over and cook on the other side.
- Repeat until you have finished all the batter and apple rings.
- Sprinkle some vanilla icing sugar or a bit of cinnamon powder and serve with a topping of your choice.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 280
- Total Fat – 5 g
- Total Carbs – 49 g
- Protein – 12 g
- Cholesterol 114 mg
One more healthy pancakes recipe
These protein wraps/pancakes really are so simple to make and can be used for a good breakfast to go. I often eat quite habitually with breakfast and have about 3-4 different options that I have with this one being one of those go-to dishes. You can eat them on their own or with just some butter or nut butter on top. If you are able to tolerate them then adding some berries on top also makes a good addition.