Hot Dog on a low carb diet? How is it possible? Regular hot dog buns have about 20 g of carbs each! Did you think you’d have to say no to hot dogs just because you’re eating low-carb? No! There is a solution for you. Here are some wonderful buns with just 2 g carbs a piece. So you must try this low-carb hot dog recipe!
Low-Carb Hot Dog Buns – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 50 minutes
Yields – 10 servings
- 3 egg whites
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 5 spoons ground Psyllium husk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1¼ cups boiling water
Instructions how to make low-carb hot dog buns
- At first of all, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Therefore, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boiling point and add this, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while whisking with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Be careful. Don’t over mix the dough.
- Form the dough with moist hands into 10 pieces and roll into hot dog buns.
- Make sure to leave enough space between them on the baking sheet to double in size.
- Season with flaxseed, sesame seeds
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 40-50 minutes. Therefore, they’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Seve and enjoy
- Serve with good quality hot dogs. Low-carb toppings of your choice.
- Store the buns in the fridge or freezer.
- This could be the ideal meal to go. It can even serve as a snack for children.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 65
- Total Fat – 2 g
- Total Carbs – 4 g (Fiber 2 g )
- Protein – 5 g
- Cholesterol – 0 mg
One more keto recipe Keto Breadsticks with Sesame Seeds