Zucchini Soup is seasonal, simple, and delicious. It is light and refreshing and perfect for a healthy diet. This is a bowl of goodness to warm your soul, it’s ultra-tasty and yet only 38 calories per serving if you skip the topping/cream!
Zucchini Soup Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cook time – 25 minutes
Yields – 8 servings
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 large zucchini cut in large chunks (skin on) – about 6 cups
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 carrot diced
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese optional
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
Instruction On How to make Zucchini Soup
- Combine onion, garlic, carrot, yellow pepper and zucchini, and beef broth in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer approximately 20 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat
- Purée with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir in paprika, salt, and pepper
- Pour into bowls and top with Greek yogurt and grated Parmesan
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
Without topping :
- Calories – 38
- Total Fat – 0 g
- Total Carbs – 6 g (Fiber 2 g )
- Protein – 3 g
With cheese and yogurt
- Calories – 95
- Total Fat – 4 g
- Total Carbs – 7 g
- Protein – 9 g
Zucchini is a very healthy vegetable. Healthy food also can be very tasty. It just takes a little imagination. So, you should try a zucchini pizza crust for lunch ! A little different but delicious pizza !