These low-carb, gluten free coconut flour tortillas are pliable and delicious! They’re also easy to make, nutritious, Paleo, and Vegan. Finally, you can enjoy tacos again!
Coconut Flour Tortillas – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 5 minutes
Yields – 6 tortillas
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons Ground Psyllium husk
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper – optional
- 1 cup Water – lukewarm ( 100 F)
Instructions on how to make Coconut flour tortillas
- In a medium mixing bowl, add coconut flour, flaxseed meal, psyllium husk, pepper, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients to evenly combine then pour in the lukewarm water
- Combine the ingredients together using a spoon first
- Later use your hands to knead the dough, and make a ball
- When the dough ball has formed, set aside in the mixing bowl, at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- This will give some times to the fiber to absorb the moisture and get the dough elastic and easy to roll.
- Divide the dough ball into 4 even balls and roll each ball of dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- This will prevent the dough to stick to your roller pin and benchtop.
- Roll about 4 mm thick.
- Peel off the top piece of parchment paper. Cut out circle, about 6 inches (15 cm diameter), you can use a lid as a guide.
- Gather the outside dough to reform a ball and roll another tortilla and reach 6 tortillas in total.
- Warm a non-stick pan under medium-high heat for about 1 minute.
- Rub the surface of the pan with some oil using a piece of absorbent paper or a brush.
- Don’t add oil directly in the pan or it will fry the tortilla.
- When the pan is warm, flip over the tortilla onto the pan
- Cook on medium/high heat for 2-3 minutes on one side or until it is easy to slide a spatula under the tortillas. Flip over and cook for 1 more minute on the other side. Repeat the rolling, cooking process until all tortillas has been cooked.
- Cool down each tortillas on a plate while making the next one.
- The hot tortillas are soft and looks fragile but they gets all their elasticity and strength to hold food when cool down.
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Information (amount per 1 tortilla)
- Calories – 55
- Total Fat – 1 g
- Total Carbs – 8 g (Fiber 6 g )
- Protein – 3 g
These keto tortillas will lessen your desire for bread and pasta.