These Corn tortillas are made from masa harina , a special type of corn flour. These, homemade naturally gluten free corn tortillas are made with only three ingredients. With masa harina corn flour, a salt and warm water. Authentic taste and texture in minutes!
Gluten-Free Corn Tortillas Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cook time – 10 minutes
Yield – About 8 6-inch tortillas
- 2 cups gluten-free masa harina corn flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 1 1/2 cups water (hot)
- oil for pan (optional)
Instruction on how to make Gluten-Free Corn Tortillas
- Put corn flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour in about 1 cup of the hot water and mix with a large spoon.
- Add more water, about 1 tablespoon at a time until you are able to form a soft ball of dough.
- Place the ball of dough on a clean surface and divide into 12 to 16 equal pieces.
- Roll into small balls and cover with a damp towel while you flatten each ball into a flat tortilla.
- Heat a cast iron griddle or heavy safe non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Don’t add any fats or oil to the griddle.
- Shape tortillas and then, one at a time, place each tortilla on the hot griddle and cook.
- Flip after about 1 minute or when the tortilla just begins to brown.
- This should take about 2 minutes.
- Option with oil – Heat oil in a pan and fry on each side 2-3 minutes.
- Stack cooked tortillas and wrap in a towel or place in a tortilla bowl to keep them warm until serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (amount per 1 tortilla)
Yield – 8 tortillas
- Calories – 119
- Total Fat – 3 g
- Total Carbs – 23 g (Fiber – 2 g )
- Protein – 5 g
- Cholesterol 2 mg