This flaxseed bread loaf that is a healthier replacement for bread. It is high in fibre and low in carbs. Gluten free too, this makes a great bread for toast or sandwiches.
Low-Carb Flaxseed Bread – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 30 minutes
Yields – 1 loaf / 12 slices
- 2 Cups Flaxseed – golden ground
- 5 Egg whites
- 3 Egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons Coconut/olive oil OR butter
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 sachets Splenda sweetener
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- flax seed ( optional)
Instructions on how to make Low Carb Flaxseed Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 180 C degrees.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- In another bowl, blend the flax seed, baking powder, Splenda, salt and oil.
- Add the egg yolks, water and apple cider vinegar.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the flaxseed mixture.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan, sprinkle with flaxseed and bake for 30 minutes until firm and golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (amount per 1 slice)
- Calories – 190
- Total Fat – 15 g
- Total Carbs – 6 g (Fiber 5 g )
- Protein – 6 g
- Cholesterol 46 mg
Read more Keto, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb Cornbread