Gluten-free, paleo-friendly, low-carb and so very delicious. These almond crusted zucchini crisps could be an great appetizer.
You should know that Zucchini is high in water. It also contains significant amounts of fiber, electrolytes, and other nutrients that are necessary for a healthy digestive system.
Zucchini Crisps – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 12 minutes
Yields – 4 servings
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into rings
- 1 cup almond flour
- pinch of sea salt Or to taste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 egg
Instructions on how to make Low-Carb Zucchini Crisps
- Preheat oven to 450°F and place a rack in the middle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl lightly beat the egg.
- In a separate bowl combine almond flour, salt, cayenne pepper, thyme and black pepper.
- Dip zucchini slices in the egg and let excess drip off, drop in the almond flour mix bowl to coat.
- Place coated zucchini slices onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes per side (a total of 12 minutes).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 63
- Total Fat – 5 g
- Total Carbs – 3 g
- Protein – 3 g