Classic potato chips are unimaginable in low carb diets. But what if there are chips that you can eat freely? Yes, that would be so good! Eggplant Chips are what you need. Crispy, savory and delicious, these eggplant chips make an excellent snack.
We have tried out the recipe for low-carb eggplant chips that is not like the real potato chips. It is pretty different but in a good way. Taste of Parmesan cheese gives the special flavor to eggplant. You won’t be disappointed. It is a truly delicious low carb snack.
Low-Carb Eggplant Chips Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time -5 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
- 1 medium sized eggplant
- 3 1/3 oz. of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- salt, pepper, garlic powder and/or other spicy herbs as desired
Instruction how to make Eggplant chips
- Preheat oven to 390 F
- If you are sure of the origins of the eggplant, just wash them and cut them into the slices of the desired thickness (the thinner crispier they will be). If not, peel them and cut them, salt them and leave a little on the side to release water.
- Then apply a paper towel to absorb excess liquid and roll each slice into a mixture of Parmesan and sesame with the addition of selected spices.
- Line eggplant slices on a baking tray covered with greasy baking paper.
- Bake in a heated oven at 200 degrees C (390 degrees F) for about 10 minutes, until they get a nice color.
- During the baking process, it is advisable to turn the slices at least once to ensure that the chips are evenly baked and equally crispy.
Nutritional Information ( total)
- Calories- 442
- Protein – 36 g
- Carbs – 8 g ( Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g)
- Fat – 29 g