These crunchy grissini breadsticks are the perfect snack. They look so complicated, but believe me, they are so easy. The recipe is paleo, egg-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free.
These breadsticks are easy to customize with your favorite flavors. Add chopped fresh herbs, Parmesan cheese, seeds, spices to the dough, or sprinkle them with sea salt. You can make a different snack for every day of the week, or serve them all together at your next party.
Crunchy Grissini Breadsticks – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cooking time – 30 minutes
Yields – 70 breadsticks
- 700 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Beer or water
- sesame seeds + 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- poppy seeds + 1 teaspoon powdered sweetener mixed with 1 tablespoon water
Instructions how to make crunchy Grissini breadsticks
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Put all the ingredients ( except spread) in one bowl and knead with your hands
- Cut the dough into 2 equal pieces.
- Transfer the dough on a floured surface
- Roll out in a rectangle shape, until the dough is thin ( 1/2 inches).
- In one cup mix together water with cayenne pepper
- Spread over the dough with a pastry brush. Sprinkled with sesame seeds
- Turn on the other side
- The other side spread with a mixture of sweetener and water using a pastry brush. And sprinkle with poppy seed
- Cut into the sticks
- Twist every stick
- Place on the greased baking sheet or layer with baking paper
- Bake in well-heated oven 30 minutes