This recipe for salmon with spicy quinoa is wonderfully simple and irresistibly good! It’s prepared super quickly in the evening after a long working day, but also impresses your guests at your next lunch.
This recipe is so yummy, and never gets boring!
Salmon with Quinoa and Sweet Lemon Dressing – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
Yields – 2 Serves
- 2 salmon fillets ( or 1 big one)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (about 150 g)
- 40 g pistachios
- fresh coriander
- fresh mint
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 lemon
- pinch of ground cumin
- 1 – 2 tablespoons honey
- olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Instructions on how to make Salmon with Quinoa and Sweet Lemon Dressing
- Briefly wash the quinoa in a strainer, drain and place in a small saucepan and cook
- You should know that water quinoa ratio 2:1
- Cook till the quinoa soaked up all the liquid.
- Finely chop pistachios
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon, mix it with about 4 – 5 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, half a teaspoon of cumin and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Heat a pan with a little oil and sear the salmon filets.
- Mix the cooked quinoa with the pistachios and some dressing.
- Arrange the quinoa with the salmon fillets and cherry, and drizzle with the lemon-honey dressing.
- Finally add some sea salt and the fresh herbs.
- Serve and enjoy
Quinoa is one of the world’s most popular health foods.
Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids..