Urnebes salad is a type of salad characteristic of Serbian cuisine. This salad can be HOT, and that depends on the type and amount of peppers. Even its name „URNEBES“ means brouhaha. So, let’s try to make it. It is low-carb, paleo, side dish.
Low-Carb Urnebes Salad – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Total time – 10 minutes
Yields – 5 servings
- 500 g or 1,1 pounds sheep cheese or farmer’s cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup nuts (grated)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- seasoning to taste
Instructions on how to make Low-Carb Urnebes Salad
- Put the cheese in a large bowl and mash it thoroughly.
- Then add chilli peppers and continue to mash.
- Add all the rest ingredients (except sesame seeds).
- Stir with a spoon.
- Make balls
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories -362
- Total Fat – 38 g (Saturated Fat 22 g , Monounsaturated Fat 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g)
- Total Carbs – 3 g (Fiber 2 g )
- Protein – 20 g
- Cholesterol 3 mg