Quinoa is one of the world’s most popular health foods. It is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids..
It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
The most common questions about quinoa
How do I clean it?
- Rinse with water in strainer
- Repeat 2- 3 times
- Without rinsing it will have a bitter taste
How do I cook it?
- Clean the seeds
- Stovetop 15-20 minutes
- 1-2 ratio seeds to water
- Bring water to a boiling point
- Pour seeds into the water
- Cover pat with lid
- Cook on low heat
How do I store it?
- Store in air-tight dry container
Read here about