At the beginning of the last century, this soup was popularized by a German physician, Dr. Max Gerson. Hippocrates soup was a path of a special food program. Therefore, this soup is a very simple, but extremely healing.
This recipe is Paleo, Vegetarian, sugar-free.
Hippocrates Soup – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cooking time – 1 hour 30 minutes
Yields – 4 servings
- 1 medium-size celery;
- 1 medium-sized parsley;
- 2 onions medium size;
- 2 small or one large leek;
- garlic as desired (can be added at the end),
- little parsley leaf;
- 600 grams tomatoes;
- 400 grams of potatoes.
Instructions on how to make Hippocrates Soup
- Wash vegetables, cut it on slices or dice
- Put the vegetables in a large pot
- Add the water in an amount sufficient to cover the vegetables
- Heat the pot to boiling point
- Continue to cook the soup in a light fry for an hour and a half
- until the vegetables are softened
- At the end of cooking, add garlic and spices into smaller quantities
- Put in the blender and blend
- Serve and enjoy.