These are very delicious and festive looking cookies. You already have everything in your kitchen for these cute, sugar sandwich, one bite-sized cookies.
Soft Almond Sugar Sandwich Cookies – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 45 minutes
- Cooking time – 10 minutes
Yields – 5 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- Red food coloring, optional
- Coarse sugar for the top
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- pinch of cocoa powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
Instructions on ow to make Soft Almond Sugar Sandwich Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar, butter and shortening.
- Add the egg and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, and baking powder until all combined and pour into butter/egg mixture.
- Make rough balls
- Dip in mixture of red color and Course sugar
- Put in the oven for 4 mins.
- Carefully use an appropriate utensil to flatten cookies while in the oven.
- Bake for 4 more mins.
- Remove for cooling.
- For frosting, combine confectioners’ sugar, butter, cocoa, cream and extract.
- Frost the bottoms of half of the cookies and cover with remaining cookies.