For all those tortilla lover perfect low-carb, paleo, gluten-free, vegan tortillas. Easy homemade keto vegan recipe.
One more recipe Tortillas Instead Of Bread In The Low-Carb Diet
Keto Vegan Tortillas Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 35 minutes
- Passive time – 5 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
Yields – 8 tortillas about 6 inches in diameter
- 1 cup almond flour (blanched, finely ground)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp psyllium husk
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups water
Tortilla Filling For 1 tortilla
- 50 grams bell peppers
- 50 grams zucchini
- 30 grams cabbage
- 30 grams mushrooms
- season to taste
- 30 grams sour cream
- 50 grams chedar cheese (sliced)
Or filling of choice
Instructions how to make Low-Carb, Keto Vegan Tortillas
- Heat a non-stick griddle to medium heat
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and wisk to combine.
- Add 1 cup of the water and and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- The batter should be similar to crepe batter – thinner than pancake batter but not watery.
- Pour by the 1/4 cup onto griddle.
- Tip the pan around in a circle after dropping the batter so that a large circle is formed while the batter is still runny (as if making crepes).
- Cook for about 3 minute on the first side, or until the top just starts to look cooked and the bottom starts to get a little color.
- Flip and cook on the other side for about 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and move to a kitchen towel laid flat on the counter.
- Let the tortillas cool down a bit. Only then can you roll them out.
- The tortillas / wraps can be stored at room temperature for about two days or in the fridge for about five days.
- Spread sour cream over the tortillas
- Fill with vegetables and sliced cheese
Nutritional Information (amount per tortilla)
- Calories – 41
- Total Fat – 2 g
- Total Carbs – 6 g
- Protein – 1 g
Tortilla + Filling
- Calories – 335
- Total Fat – 22 g
- Total Carbs – 25 g (Fiber 6 g )
- Protein – 16 g
- Cholesterol 55 mg