Often you want to snack something lightly, which will delay hunger until the next meal … but how would it be at the same time healthy? Check this Paleo, Low-Carb Dairy-free, and Gluten-free recipe for so healthy snack. These salty low-carb bars, without eggs, butter and margarine, without milk are a perfect light snack. Flax and sesame, rich in healthy fats (which most of us bring in too little), are also an excellent source of the most important minerals.
The best homemade low carb bars – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
Yields – 30 – 40 bars
- 1 cup of flax seed
- 1/2 cup organic sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil or other vegetable oil
Instructions how to make these amazing bars
- Linseed put in a saucepan, cover with water and leave for 1 hour to absorb water and swell.
- The water level in the container should be only slightly above flaxseed.
- Bake sesame for about ten minutes in a dry frying pan to give a yellow color and flavor to develop.
- Then insert it in the blender and grind.
- When the sesame completely fragmented, add prepared flax, salt, and a little oil. Blend. The mixture will be quite firm.
- Turn on the oven at 160 C.
- On a large baking pan place the baking paper and spread the mixture thinly as you can.
- With a knife, cut the mass into tiles of arbitrary size
- Put in the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then lower the temperature and dry for another twenty minutes
- The bars are ready when they are dry and easily separated from the paper. You can leave them cool in the semi-open oven.
They are ideal as a light snack, with yogurt or with your favorite spread and salad. It does not look like buying bars, which are a real calorie bomb, these are just in the role of appetite control.
Nutritional Information ( mount per 1 bar)
For 30 bars
- Calories – 86 kcal
- Protein – 3 g
- Carbs – 1.2 g
- Fat – 4 g