Many of us do not like cabbage. But cabbage is a herbaceous plant that is ideal for diet nutrition. The only thing that is negative is the fact that you need a lot of time to cook cabbage. But you need to eat something with a spoon. So do not miss this recipe for paleo, low-carb cabbage soup.
Low Carb Cabbage Soup – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time- 50 minutes
- Total time – 1 hour
Yields – 16 servings
- 2 packages Miracle Rice
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 head cabbage sliced into strips
- extra chicken broth optional
Instructions on how to make low carb cabbage soup
- At first of all, prepare Miracle Rice (if using) by draining, soaking in water for 5 minutes, draining again, then boiling dry. Set aside.
- In large stock pot, heat oil and saute onions and garlic unit tender.
- Add ground beef to stockpot and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned.
- Stir in tomatoes: tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the cabbage and stir in. Cover and cook on medium-low for about 30 minutes or until cabbage become softened.
- Stir in prepared Miracle Rice.
- Add additional chicken broth, if desired.
- Therefore, simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
- Calories – 167 kcal
- Total Carbs – 9 grams