These protein wraps/pancakes really are so simple to make and can be used for a good breakfast to go. I often eat quite habitually with breakfast and have about 3-4 different options that I have with this one being one of those go-to dishes. You can eat them on their own or with just some butter or nut butter on top. If you are able to tolerate them then adding some berries on top also makes a good addition.
Protein Wraps – Recipe
For 2 pancakes
- 1 egg
- ½ a scoop of whey protein powder
- 30 g butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking
Optional toppings: berries, nut butter, cream or yogurt
Instructions how to make protein wraps/pancakes
- Whisk the eggs together and add in the protein powder and butter.
- Mix together until it is well combined.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and ladle a spoonful of the mixture into the middle of the hot pan.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on one side, keep the pan moving so it does not stick.
- Turn the pancake over and cook on the other side for a further 2-4 minute or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a nut butter and strawberries or any other low sugar fruit. They are best served warm but they can also be eaten cold as well and make a really good snack.
Nutritional information ( amount per 1 pancake)
- Calories – 141
- Protein – 4 g
- Carbs – 0 g (Fiber 0g, Sugar 0 g)
- Fat – 14 g