Enjoy the taste of delicious muskmelon without all the work. It takes less than five minutes to prepare gluten-free, low carb muskmelon chia pudding. You need to know that this is so good low-calorie option.
Muskmelon chia pudding recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Total time – 5 minutes
Yields – Servings 2
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4/3 cup fresh Muskmelon puree
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- heavy cream for decoration
Instructions how to make muskmelon chia pudding
- Whisk together water, chia seeds, and vanilla extract
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours or overnight.
- The next morning, make Muskmelon puree
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Information (amount per servings)
- Calories -68
- Protein – 2 g
- Carbs – 7.5 g ( Fiber 3 g, Sugar 4.5g )
- Fat – 3 g
- Weight Watchers 2 PointsPlus
What you need to know about muskmelons
- Muskmelons are generally low in calorie content. Honeydew melon is no exception. A serving of this fruit, 177 grams, has 64 calories only with almost no fat and zero cholesterol. Plus, the 6% of the daily value of fiber helps you feel full especially if you’re trying to lose weight. One cup of melon balls contains 16 grams of carbohydrate, the equivalent to one serving of fruit. If you have diabetes or are looking to modify your carbs intake it’s probably best to keep your portion to one serving. If you want to slow down how quickly your blood sugars rise, pair your honeydew with protein, such as a handful of nuts, low-fat Greek yogurt, or low-fat cottage cheese.