You looking for a snack to enjoy while on an Egg Fast? These stevia sweetened sugar-free keto meringue cookies have about zero carbs so they are safe on a keto diet. They are made from just 2 ingredients. Can you believe in that when you look them? They are just perfect.
Keto Meringue Cookies – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time -10 minutes
- Cooking time -1 hour
Yields – 40 cookies
- 5 egg whites
- ¾ teaspoon liquid Stevia or 3 teaspoon Stevia powder
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate (melted)
Instructions how to make keto meringue cookies
- Add the egg whites and Stevia into a bowl, and mix using a mixer about 7 minutes
- If you use Stevia powder – add the egg whites and Stevia into a bowl and place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and mix until the Stevia melts, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a different bowl and mix using a mixer for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag with a star-like add-on.
- Push the meringues onto a tin which you have previously lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 100 C degrees for an hour, but leave the oven door open at about 2-3 cm.
- After an hour, turn off the oven and leave the meringues inside, but open the door a little bit more so that they can cool down.
- Meanwhile, mix the filling and put in the fridge.
- When the meringues completely cool, you can paste them with a filling
- Serve and enjoy
- You can decorate the meringues with chopped walnuts, hazelnuts
- They go perfectly with your favorite cup of tea or coffee.
- If you are on the egg fast, you can eat them without filling.
Nutritional information for meringues with filling
Serving 10 ( 4 cookies/serving)
- Calorie – 60
- Protein – 6 g
- Carbs – 1 g
- Fat – 4 g