You decided to start with a Keto diet. You read a lot of meal ideas, and you realize that this diet is not cheap. Please, do not give up before you start. This short grocery list will give you the most bang for your buck. Just sticking to these foods will help you stretch your dollar as far as possible.
Amazing recipe Low-Carb Blueberries Chocolate Chia Pudding
Basic & Cheap Grocery list
The main place goest to eggs. Eggs are extremely cheap and versatile. That makes them a vital part of the shopping list. You can substitute items from the extended list to mix things up, especially if there is a great sale or deal available.
- grass-fed butter
- chicken meat (thighs, breast, or whole chicken)
- broccoli or green beans (frozen in the most of the case is cheaper than fresh)
Extended Grocery List for Eating Keto on a Budget
Some foods on this list may typically be a bit higher in price. But it’s possible to get them for a great price. For example, the avocado is often fairly expensive, but sometimes you can find them for a very low price.
- grass-fed butter
- hard cheese
- cottage cheese
- heavy cream
- sour cream
- Greek yogurt
- chicken meat (thighs, legs, breasts, or whole chicken)
- canned tuna, sardines
- ground beef or ground chuck
- pork belly or pork shoulder or ham
- broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, green beans, asparagus, lettuce, spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, blueberries
- olive oil
- coconut oil
Spices & Herbs
- cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, basil, rosemary, oregano, cilantro
Optional Pricier Foods
- coconut flour/almond flour
- Erythritol, Stevia, and other sweeteners
- chia seeds
- macadamia nuts
As you can see, eating keto on a budget is easier than you might have thought. Stick to the basics:
- Buy in bulk and freeze. It’s a good idea to buy in bulk. You should try to buy as much in bulk as you can. Buying meat and vegetables and even a butter in this way and then freezing will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Hunt for great deals. Use coupons or shop at discount stores or see what’s on sale each week
- Take the time to do food preparation- Take time each week to do food prep for the rest of the week
- It does take some extra effort but you can eat a delicious and healthy keto diet without spending all your hard-earned cash.