Eggs for breakfast can be really bored. You need something different. Easy and delicious, sweet, poppy seeds muffins with lemon zest can be a real breakfast pleasure. They are so soft, so fluffy… You can not resist them. Lemon zest gives them unusual flavor. They are low-carb, grain-free, wheat-free, and gluten-free. One of them is enough for breakfast. Of course with your favorite cup of coffee.
Poppy seeds muffins with lemon – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 3 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
Yields – 12 muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 2 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
Instructions how to make these poppy seeds muffins
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- grease muffin molds with butter or cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flakes, poppy seeds, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sweetener, egg, and lemon zest. Beat in almond flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour into the muffin molds
- Bake about 20 minutes, until set and just barely brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove from muffin molds.
Nutritional Information (amount per muffin)
- Calorie – 144 kcal
- Protein – 5.9 g
- Carbs – 4.9 g ( Fiber 1.6g, Sugar 1g)
- Fat – 11 g