At first of all, I love coconut. I can eat them in all shapes and combinations. For these LCHF cookies, you’ll need and muffin molds or cookies baskets. You need this to stop the chocolate from spreading out.
LCHF cookies – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Total time with cooling – 1 hour
Yields – 16 cookies
- 50 grams of coconut flour
- 20 grams of sunflower seeds
- 50 grams of almonds
- 50 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon dried lemon zest (finely minced)
- 4 teaspoons of stevia extract, dissolved in a cup of water (a teaspoon to measure comes with Stevia)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 40 grams of dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of stevia extract
Instructions how to make these LCHF cookies
- For better taste, fry almonds along with sunflower seeds.
- After that, you should mild them to get a powdered mixture.
- Whisk the egg with Stevia to get firm foam
- In one bowl mix together all dry ingredients ( coconut flour, mixture of almonds and sunflower seeds, baking powder, lemon zest, and cinnamon)
- Add eggs and stevia
- Mix everything with a mixer
- Add the butter cut into slices and crush the butter with your fingers. It will create a paste.
- Combine mixture with a wooden spoon
- In the recesses of the mold put baskets and place the mixture with a spoon, flatten everything.
- Heat the oven to 175 C degrees.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Baked cookies leave to cool in molds.
- Cover with topping
- Melt the chocolate in the cream, let boil and whisk to break any lumps.
- With a spoon, put the cream on the cookies that come up to the top of the baskets.
- Cool the cookies in the fridge and later remove the bulb goes very easily.
- Instead of this cream, you can pour them only with chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Information (amount per cookies)
- Calories – 103
- Total Fat – 8 g
- Total carbs – 5 g (Fiber 2 g )
- Protein – 2 g