These are Low Carb, Crunchy, Salty, and Healthy Eggplant French fries. These eggplant fries are low-carb’s vegetable option. You can eat your vegetables, and keep everybody happy. Before you know it, your kids will be asking for more eggplant. The good thing is that you can freeze them. They will be delicious and after. So this is great. The recipe is Paleo, low-carb, keto, sugar-free, dairy-free, grain-free, and gluten-free.
Low Carb Eggplant French Fries – Recipe
Way of preparation – medium
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
Yields – Serving 8
- 2 eggplant
- 2 cups almond flour
- salt and pepper ( to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ( or vegetable oil of your choice)
Instructions how to make Eggplant French Fries
- First, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel eggplant and cut into french-fry shapes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the almond flour, salt, and black pepper.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs until frothy.
- The procedure is following. Dip the eggplant pieces into the egg, then into the flour mixture, then back into the egg, and back into the flour mixture.
- Therefore, place the coated fries on a greased cookie sheet, and drizzle with melted coconut oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fries become crispy and brown.
Nutritional Information ( amount per serving)
- Calories – 116 kcal
- Protein – 3 g
- Total Carb – 8 g ( Fiber 4 g, Sugar 4 g)
- Fat – 8 g
- Eggplant fries can be a good snack. But besides that, they can be a good keto meal with some low carb sauce.