Who can to resist to a warm buttery flaky croissant?! It goes perfectly with a strong cup of coffee. Check this gluten-free croissant recipe.
Gluten-Free Croissant – Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups high quality gluten free flour mix
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast OR 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 2 teaspoons Xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup honey OR maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup butter, almost melted
- Extra flour for dusting
- butter, melted (optional)
- egg yolk (optional)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
Instructions on how to make Gluten-Free Croissant
- In one bowl, combine flour mix and potato starch, yeast, xanthan gum, honey, add, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Add warm water, eggs, and 1/2 cup butter.
- Mix with an electric mixer 5 minutes
- The dough should be little too soft and sticky to handle as you would regular roll dough.
- Place it into a Ziploc bag. Refrigerate at least two hours, overnight is preferred, or freeze for an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge
- Lightly dust your pie crust bag with extra flour.
- Scrape the dough into a ball shape and sprinkle a little more flour over the top of your dough to prevent it from sticking.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to about 14″ circle.
- Cut the circle into 8 wedges using a sharp knife.
- Carefully roll each wedge inward to form a croissant.
- Gently place a few inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and curve them slightly to form a crescent shape.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Let the rolls rise on top of the oven while it preheats (15 minutes).
- Brush with egg yolk
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in well-heated oven.
- Flake with a fork in the center of a roll to see if it’s done.
- Brush with melted butter or oil and serve warm for best results.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or bread bag at room temp for up to 3 days, or in the freezer.
- These can easily be re-warmed by wrapping in foil and placing in a 325 degree oven for about 5 minutes from fridge or 10 minutes from freezer.