Healthy Shortbread Cookies with Ghee
Melt-in your mouth Healthy Shortbread Ghee Cookies made with just a few key ingredients. For best results, use good-quality, pure ghee.
Shortbread Ghee Cookies – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 8 minutes
- Passive time – 30 minutes
Yields – 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- sprinkles of your choice
Optional: chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, cinnamon ……
Instructions on how to make shortbread ghee cookies
- Whit a handheld mixer, whip ghee and powdered sugar together until it gets pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Gently add flour and mix slowly.
- Scrapes sides and add vanilla extract, salt, and mix until it forms a dough.
- The dough feels slightly sticky but should hold shape formed into a ball.
- Place the dough in a plastic wrap and flatten it into a rectangular shape about 1/4″ thick.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Use a cookie cutter to shape cookies and place it on a baking sheet.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes in a well-heated oven.
- Cookies will be slightly soft when removed from the oven but will firm up.
- Note: These get better with time, actually.