Soft, warm, pancakes with creamy hazelnut-chocolate spread – Nutella were mine, and probably and to most of you, favorite dessert. I was so happy when pancakes are on the table for breakfast. Sometimes I added bananas………….so yummy. But that creamy spread turns out to be mostly sugar with hazelnuts in traces.
And now, when we are no longer children, we choose what we will eat and we choose a healthier food. So our favorite spread was nice past. But do not be disappointed. Solutions exist. Check this recipe for a hazelnut-chocolate spread. It is sugar-free and dairy-free.
Hazelnut-Chocolate spread – Recipe
Way of preparation -easy
- Total time – 15 minutes
Yields – 10 serving ( 1 tablespoon = 1 serving)
- 1 cup hazelnuts (roasted)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate (sugar-free) melted
- 1/3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Stevia (powdered)
- 1/3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/12 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
Instructions how to make Hazelnut-Chocolate Spread
- Melt the chocolate (steamed)
- If you need to make the melted chocolate more liquid, add some coconut cream to it.
- In a food processor or blender, grind the hazelnuts until they form a paste.
- Add the coconut oil, Stevia powder, cocoa powder, and salt and continue processing until the mixture is as smooth as you like.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend well.
- When is well blended, add coconut cream. Keep adding as much as you like to get the desired consistency. ( You do not stick to the recipe, you can add more or less than the recipe demands)
- But keep in mind that the Nutella will thicken as it cools.
- Keep refrigerated for a couple of weeks. You can keep it even longer in the freezer.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 87
- Fat – 8 g
- Total Carbs – 3.7 g (Fiber 2.4 g)
- Net Carbs – 1.3 g,
- Protein – 1.6 g