The carp are normally thought of as trash fish, dirty, muddy and bony. But if you catch one in clean water, they will not taste muddy at all. Therefore, you should try grilled carp with wine. Perfect Paleo lunch options.
Grilled Carp with Wine – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 45 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Total time – 1 hour
Yields – 3 servings
- 21 oz (600 g) carp, cutlets
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp saffron
- 2/5 cup white wine OR beer
- 4/5 cup olive oil
- lemons – squeezed juice and a few slices
Instructions on how to make Grilled Carp
- Clean the carp well and wash it with cold water inside and out.
- Cut the cleaned and washed carp into cutlets with a thickness of 1/2″ (1.5 cm).
- Dry the fish cutlets well with paper towels and place them in a deep bowl.
- Stir in finely chopped garlic, salt, black pepper, saffron, and thyme.
- Stir to evenly season them with the spices and add the wine and olive oil.
- Leave them to sit for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill and and grease the elements.
- Drain the carp cutlets slightly and grill for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the carp with a side of vegetables, poured with a little lemon juice and garnished with a slice of lemon.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
- Calories – 797
- Total Fat – 70 g
- Total Carbs – 3 g (Fiber 0 g )
- Protein – 36 g
- Cholesterol 131 mg