The meat pie is always welcome on our table. But the shape can be changed. So, these meat pie muffins become our favorite. They are practical, easy for packing, and perfect as a meal to-go. The recipe is low-carb, high calories, gluten-free, wheat-free, paleo, and rich in proteins.
Meat Pie Muffins – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
Yields – 6 muffins
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup flaxseed flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 10 ounces ground beef ( meat to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions how to make meat pie muffins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Place a ground beef into a hot pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook beef until browned on the bottom, the season with onion powder, garlic powder, and tomato paste. Mix together and turn off the heat. Beef should be semi-cooked.
- Mix together all dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients into the muffin mixture
- Mix well
- Divide up the mixture for the muffins into silicone muffin cups.
- Indent the muffin using a spoon to give space for the ground beef.
- Then, fill each muffin with beef mixture
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins become browned
- Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes
- Remove from the silicone muffin molds
- Top with mustard sauce
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (amount per serving)
Serving size – 1 muffin
- Calories – 490
- Total Fat – 13 g ( Saturated 13 g, Monounsaturated 3 g, Polyunsaturated 3 g)
- Total Carbs – 3 g
- Protein – 46 g