This is an easy recipe for fluffy gluten-free and low-carb cocoa pancakes. Such a tasty breakfast treat! Enjoy them with your favorite syrup or eat them plain.
Low-Carb Cocoa Pancakes – Recipe
Way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cooking time – 20 minutes
Yields – 12 pancakes
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut milk
- coconut oil or butter for frying
Instructions how to make cocoa pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the coconut flour, granulated sweetener of choice, salt, cocoa powder, and baking powder to avoid clumps.
- Mix well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites with the vanilla extract.
- Add to the dry mixture
- Using a tablespoon at a time, add coconut milk until a thick batter is formed
- Heat the pan on low/medium.
- For frying, you can use coconut oil or butter
- Once the pan is hot, pour batter using a 1/4 cup at a time.
- Bake pancakes for 2-3 minutes or until the edges brown, before flipping very gently and cooking for an extra 1 or 2 minutes, until cooked through.
- Repeat until all the pancakes are cooked.
Nutritional Information (amount per serving- 1 pancake)
- Calories – 23
- Total Fat – 1 g
- Total Carbs – 2 g (Fiber 1 g )
- Protein – 3 g
- Cholesterol – 0 mg