Healthy onions, starchy potatoes, and rich mackerel make a deeply satisfying combination in this one-dish meal. The juices from the roasted mackerel meld with the vegetables to create a subtly sweet, flavoursome paleo dish.
Roasted Mackerel with Vegetables – Recipe
The way of preparation – easy
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 1 hour 10 minutes
Yields – 4 servings
- 4 fresh mackerel, gutted and cleaned
- 2 lemons sliced
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (squeezed)
- 2 medium carrots (grated)
- 6 tsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 750g potatoes, cleaned and peeled, cut into 2-3cm chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
Instructions how to make roasted Mackerel
- Preheat the oven to 400 F ( 200°C).
- Using a sharp knife, slash the skins of each side of the mackerel and season well.
- Put a few lemon slices, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic cloves into the cavity of each fish.
- Put the remaining potato, carrots and onion slices on a roasting dish and place the fish on top.
- Season with parsley.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil and lemon
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Cover with Lid or foil
- Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes take out the foil, and bake another 30 minutes uncovered.
- Serve and enjoy!