These Caramel Shortbread Squares are simply amazing. With a buttery crust and a beautifully filling of caramel, this squares are perfect low-carb treats. This recipe is Low Carb, Keto, THM S, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, and Sugar-Free.
Caramel Shortbread Squares with Caramel Filling Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 20 minutes
- Cooking time – 30 minutes
Yields – 16 squares
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp cold butter cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla
Optional Swerve (powdered) foe dasting
Instructions on how to make Caramel Shortbread Squares with Caramel Filling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line the bottom of a two 9 inch square cake pans with parchment paper.
- Mix the crust ingredients in a food processor until the dough comes together.
- Divide dought at two parth
- Press into the bottom of the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine the sweetener, cream, and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium, stirring frequently, until deep golden brown and thickened. Depending on the heat of your stovetop this can take 10-15 minutes.
- Watch it carefully.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the first cooled crust.
- Set asiede to cool
- Cover with other cooled crust
- Sprinkle with Swerve (powdered)
- Store at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Nutritional Informations (amount per serving)
Serving size -1 sandwich bar
- Calories – 161
- Total Fat – 20 g (Saturated Fat 12 g )
- Cholesterol – 54 mg
- Total Carbohydrates – 5g (Dietary Fiber 2g)
- Protein – 4g