A sweet treat for your summer with a pecan crust base, a tart strawberry filling and a sweet chocolate layer. Vegan, gluten-free, and paleo friendly strawberry pie!
Strawberry Pie (Paleo and Vegan) – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep Time – 20 minutes
- Cook Time – 40 min
- Total Time – 1 hour
Yields – 8 servings
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups strawberry
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Optional additions: Chocolate (grated)
Instructions on how to make Strawberry Pie (Paleo and Vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
For the Crust:
- Pulse the pecans in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon and salt and pulse again.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and process until a dough forms.
- Press the crust into a standard 9 inch pie pan evenly covering the bottom and up the sides.
For the filling:
- In a bowl add all of the filling ingredients, gently mixing and mashing up a few strawberries.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before pouring over the crust and baking for about 35 minutes.
- When the pie has baked, remove.
- Let the pie cool completely.
- Cover with grated chocolate before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This pie could easily be made with other berries or fruit.