These Lemon Cream Sandwich Cookies are chewy and sweet with the perfect amount of creamy filling. They contain all real food ingredients and will impress every picky eater! Low-carb, gluten free, and grain free.
Lemon Cream Sandwich Cookies – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Prep time – 25 minutes
- Cooking time – 10 minutes
Yields – 10 cookies
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup butter )room temp)
- 1/4 cup Swerve
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp cold coconut cream
- 1 tbsp Swerve
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Instructions on how to make Lemon Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, butter, sweetener, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut and almond flour with the baking soda and salt.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined and a thick cookie dough forms.
- Form the cookie dough into 20 balls and flatten each one to about 1/4-1/2 inch thickness on the parchment lined cookies sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes in the preheated oven until they’re just beginning to brown, and allow to cool for 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cookies are cool enough to handle, chill them in the refrigerator or freezer for a bit before filling.
- Meanwhile, while the cookies are baking or cooling, make the filling.
- In a bowl or blender, whisk/blend together the cooled coconut oil with the sweetener, lemon, and vanilla.
- Then, beat in the coconut cream until a thick cream forms, then cover and put in the freezer for about 10 minutes before filling the cookies.
- To fill cookies, make sure the cream and cookies are chilled, then scoop filling on the bottom of one cookie and cover with another.
- This recipe makes a total of 10 cookies.
- Store cookies covered in the refrigerator and enjoy!
- If you don’t have canned coconut cream, refrigerate a can of full-fat coconut milk so that the water and cream separate, then just use the cold cream and discard the water or save for another use.
Nutritional Information (amount per cookie)
- Calories – 52
- Total Fat – 4 g
- Total Carbs – 7 g (Fiber 1 g )
- Protein – 2 g