Low Carb Biscuits made with crispy Crackling. These delicious keto crackling gluten-free biscuits, made from almond flour, are high in protein, low in carbohydrates and low in sugars.
Keto Crackling Biscuits – Recipe
The way of preparations – easy
- Total time – 25 minutes
Yields – 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (cold)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pork cracklings
Instructions on how to make Keto Crackling Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix chilled almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cold butter work in the butter with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- Alternatively, this step can be done in your food processor – blitz then for a few seconds only.
- In a small glass bowl or metal bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork or whisk until they slightly frothy – about 30 seconds.
- Blend the eggs in the almond flour mixture just until combined. Do not overwork.
- (If using a food processor, add the egg whites and blitz for a few seconds only until combined).
- Stir in cracklings.
- Drop 4-6 neat spoonful’s of batter (depending on your required size) on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Alternatively, use a well-greased muffin pan.
- Bake immediately for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and preserves or top the biscuits with your favorite sausage gravy.
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional Informations (amount per serving)
- Calories – 145
- Total Fat – 13 g
- Total Carbs – 1 g
- Protein – 7 g
- Cholesterol 157 mg